• 0 Głosów - 0 Średnio
Włodzimierz Krzyżanowski na pocztówkach, rycinach i zdjęciach i w artykułach
Autor Wiadomość
Jurgen Offline
Administrator
58th NYSV

Liczba postów: 697
Włodzimierz Krzyżanowski na pocztówkach, rycinach i zdjęciach i w artykułach
W 1939 roku wydawnictwo A. Szyk wypuściło na rynek serię pocztówek traktujących o szeroko pojętym polsko-amerykańskim braterstwie broni pod hasłem "POLONICA AMERICANA". Dwie z nich poruszają wątek wojny secesyjnej. Na jednej występuje Włodzimierz Krzyżanowski, natomiast na drugiej mamy epizod bitwy pod Cross Keys.

19-01-2014 16:09
Znajdź wszystkie posty użytkownika Odpowiedz cytując ten post
Jurgen Offline
Administrator
58th NYSV

RE: Włodzimierz Krzyżanowski na pocztówkach, rycinach i zdjęciach
Kilka zdjęć i rycin Włodzimierza Krzyżanowskiego:

.gif  p-krzyzan-wlad.gif (Rozmiar: 73.4 KB / Pobrań: 82)    

20-01-2014 13:18
Jurgen Offline
Administrator
58th NYSV

RE: Włodzimierz Krzyżanowski na pocztówkach, rycinach i zdjęciach i w artykułach
Artykuł prasowy na temat uroczystości z okazji Powstania Listopadowego
zorganizowanej przez Krzyżanowskiego

Cytat:A CAMP FESTIVAL.; FEAST IN COMMEMORATION OF THE POLISH REVOLUTION OF 1830 IN GEN. BLENKER'S DIVISION--COL. KRZYZANOWSKI PRESIDES--SPEECHES
BY CAPTS. STRUVE, W. HICH, AND OTHERS
Published: December 5, 1861
FORT LYON, Va., Sunday, Dec. 1, 1861.

The 29th of November is an ever-memorable day in the history of liberal Poland. Thirty-one years ago on that day, at 7 P.M., the students of Warsaw gave the signal of revolt, and drove fifteen thousand Russians from the city. For about a year the war for independence raged with fury, until discord among the leaders extinguished Poland's political existence.

To commemorate this event, Col. KRZYZANOWSKI, Fifty-eighth N.Y.S. Volunteers, invited the Poles of the army, and the German officers of his regiment, about sixty in number, to meet at his headquarters.

At 7 P.M. the company had assembled, and was soon seated at table in a large wooden building erected for the occasion.

The dinner was worthy of "Vachette" or "Les Tvois Freres," and the different nationalities represented soon became a little buoyant from the fountains of "Green Seal."

Col. KRZYZANOWSKI, who presided, now toasted the company, the officers who had served in the Revolution of 1830, and drank to Poland again to become a nation.

This toast having been responded to by Capt. MAAS, the regimental band played the Polish national air while the guests chimed in with characteristic vehemence.

Capt. GUSTAV, STRUVE, the liberal representative to the Frankfort Diet and historian of European reputation, was now called for, and spoke in German somewhat as follows:

"COMRADES! We meet here to-night to celebrate an heroic event; the great, though alas! unsuccessful blow for independence struck by the sons of Poland in 1830. We meet, also, as Americans, to sustain the liberties of our adopted land. We meet as men on the proudest battle-field of the world to fight for moral principles and the rights of man."

How the monarchs and despots of Europe chuckle over the present schism in this country, gloating over every rupture in this glorious Republic, where political equality has raised the subject to the proud rank of a citizen, the crouching serf to the dignity of a man.

Let such men wait. They will soon seek elsewhere causes for self-congratulation, Hatteras and Port Royal are words that must be far from consoling. Every victory of the Federals will disturb their dreams ex jure divino, and tranquillize and reaffirm the democratic elements of Europe."

America was never so great as to-day. The Goddess of Liberty still lives, and armed with helmet and spear, shines forth in her invincible strength, exultant in victory! Comrades! God willing, we may yet return to the land of our birth, and strengthened by numbers from the army of freedom, overthrow despotism and seat liberty securely on the throne!"

The healths of the President of the United States, Gens. MCCLELLAN, BLENKER, SIEGEL, and others, were now drunk, national airs were sung, patriotic speeches made by Capt. WITTICH, ex-editor of the Dresden Abend Zeitung, the Chaplain of the Fity-eighth Regiment, Lieut.-Col. KARGE, and others, and finally the company retired at 11 o'clock. L.H.
26-01-2014 19:50
Jurgen Offline
Administrator
58th NYSV

RE: Włodzimierz Krzyżanowski na pocztówkach, rycinach i zdjęciach i w artykułach
List Krzyżanowskiego (może ktoś będzie miał ochotę przetłumaczyć?)
Joseph Gorhan and H. Krzyzanowski to John G. Nicolay, March 1861 (Recommendation)

29-05-2014 22:13
memento Offline
Lafayette RC
Lafayette RC

Liczba postów: 60
Artykuł z onetu "Włodzimierz Krzyżanowski. Polski bohater wojny secesyjnej"

http://nowahistoria.interia.pl/ksiazka-d...k=worthSee
20-07-2014 14:13
Odwiedź stronę użytkownika Znajdź wszystkie posty użytkownika Odpowiedz cytując ten post
Jurgen Offline
Administrator
58th NYSV

Powiem tak - widziałem już kiedyś zajawkę tego czegoś i pomimo szczytnego celu jakim jest popularyzacja W.K. to ten płód jest czystą chałą.
Tu link do wątku:
http://www.58th.pl/forum/showthread.php?tid=21
20-07-2014 22:14
Odpowiedz